Our Clients Privacy
Attorneys, like other professionals who advise clients on personal financial matters, are required by federal law in some circumstances to inform their clients of their policies regarding the privacy of client information. Attorneys have been, and continue to be, bound by professional standards of confidentiality even more stringent than those required by state or federal law. Therefore, we have always protected your right to privacy and the confidentiality of your information, and will continue to do so.
Types of Nonpublic Personal Information We Collect
In the course of your representation we frequently collect nonpublic personal financial information that either you provided to us or that we obtained with your authorization. Examples of such information include tax information, data relating to your financial condition, or your plans for disposing of your estate.
Policy as to Disclosure of Information
For both current and former clients, we do not disclose to anyone other than our own employees any nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our representation of you, except with your consent, as required by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jeffrey Q. Cardon, PC.
It is possible, for example, that we could be compelled to disclose such information in response to service upon us of a subpoena issued by a court or agency. In any such case, we would timely advise you of our receipt of such legal process and also act in any lawful manner to protect your interests, such as by asserting (if appropriate) claims of attorney-client privilege.
Protecting the Confidentiality and Security of Current and Former Clients’ Information
In compliance with applicable professional standards and guidelines, we retain records relating to professional services that we provide so that we are better able to attend to your professional needs. In order to assure the confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that also comply with our professional standards.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy please feel free contact our office at (801) 225-6700. Your privacy, our professional ethics, and our ability to provide you with quality legal services are very important to us.
All Site Visitors
Information We CollectWe may collect the following information from or about you:
- Login information (e.g., username and password)
- Contact information (e.g., name, street address, phone number email)
- Payment and billing information (e.g., credit card information, billing address)
- Information you post on our website or on a third-party website (e.g., a social media site)
- Financial information (e.g., income, assets, debts and other obligations)
- Household information (e.g., number or ages of persons living in your household)
- Demographic information
- Communications between you and our office. For example, we may send you service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices, etc.). Note that you may not opt-out of Service-related emails.
- Other information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you're using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our mobile app, we may collect your GPS location or your device's unique identifier. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running. We might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular or individual User.
Collection MethodsWe collect and receive information in different ways:
- We collect information directly from you (e.g., when you register as a user, request service, post a comment, or ask us a question)
- We collect information from you passively using tracking tools (e.g., browser cookies and web beacons)
- We may get information about you from third parties. For example, if you use an integrated social media feature on our websites or mobile applications. The third-party social media site will give us certain information about you. This could include your name, email address, or other identifying information. Your activities on our sites and apps may be posted to the social media platforms.
UsageWe use information as disclosed and described here.
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to confirm your request for legal services.
- We use information to improve our Services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. This could include displaying content based upon your preferences.
- We use information to look at site trends and customer interests. We may use your information to make our website and products better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our clients, or our websites.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might be our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may use push notifications and your location information on our mobile apps to send you relevant alerts. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the choices section below.
- We use information to send you transactional communications. For example, we might send you emails about your account or payment for services. We might also contact you about this policy or our website terms.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
- We may share information with third parties.
- We will share information within our family of businesses and/or companies.
- We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who help us provide products or services or who fulfill your purchases. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States.
- We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- We may share your information for any other purpose, use, or activity that we deem necessary or appropriate for our business purposes.
- We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy.
What You Can DoYou have certain choices about how we use your information.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Your device settings should provide you with instructions on how to turn off push notifications. It may take up to ten (10) days to process your request. Don't worry! Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still be sure to send you transactional messages. For example, we may still contact you about your orders and payments.
- You can modify information you have given us. To correct or delete information or update account settings, log into your account and follow the instructions. We make changes as soon as we can. This information may stay in our backup files. If we cannot make the changes you want, we will let you know and explain why. If you contact us requesting access to your information, we will respond within thirty (30) days.
- You can control cookies and tracking tools.
- You can control tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications on your phone.
This website is not intended for children. Our sites and apps are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us here. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries "COPPA Information Request." Parents, you can also learn more about how to protect children's privacy online here.
We use standard security measures. We have security measures in place to protect your information. The standard security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. If you think that an unauthorized account has been created using your name, contact us at the address below.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for our business. We also keep information to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and as otherwise required by law.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
If you have any questions about this Policy or other privacy concerns, you can email us at [email protected] Please do not include your credit card number or other sensitive information in your email. You can also write us at: Jeffrey Q. Cardon, PC P.O. Box 971597 Orem, UT 84097
Changes to this Policy
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any material changes to this policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.